QUEEN OF HEARTS
PIERCING CARE SHEET
• Always wash hands with antibacterial (dye and scent free) soap prior to touching or cleaning your piercing and jewelry. Be careful not to IRRITATE your piercing with tight clothing or any lotions during the healing period.
• CLEANING: We recommend H2O Products for all piercing aftercare. If you do not wish to purchase this product you may refer to the Alternative Aftercare section.
• RINGS A small crusty scab will form at all jewelry ends of your skin. Gently clean entire area with several q-tips. Be sure to use a new q-tip for each "area" of the piercing. After cleaning the entire outside, gently spin the ring up and clean(bead to the skin), then rotate it down to clean, this way you are able to clean the entire ring completely with out removing the ring. Rinse very well so soap is not left in piercing. Repeat twice daily for two weeks, then clean once a day for four weeks.
• BARBELLS Follow above procedure for cleaning the outside during 1st 2-3 weeks. The jewelry should be removed just long enough to clean outside top and bottom of barbell then remove barbell for cleaning. Remember to re-insert jewelry immediately after cleaning barbell.
• Alternative Aftercare: Make a diluted solution of liquid hand soap (without dye or smell) with warm water in a disposable cup and follow the instructions above.
• DO NOT USE ALCOHOL, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, NEOSPORIN, or any other product. If you have a problem, please call your piercer, so we may assist you.
• DO NOT CHANGE YOUR JEWELRY DURING THE FIRST 6 weeks of HEALING - OTHER JEWELRY MAY LOOK THE SAME, HOWEVER, INFERIOR METAL IS USED IN MOST CHEAP MALL JEWELRY WHICH MAY CAUSE SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS or ALLERGIES. Always with any redness or irritation from new jewelry immediately remove the jewelry.
• After the 6 WEEK healing period, all piercings should be cleaned at least once a week in the shower.
• Rinse mouth thoroughly with H2O Products after EATING, DRINKING, SMOKING or any oral contact. Use ice immediately after piercing. Melt small chips in your mouth to help with swelling control for up to 24 - 48 hours. Eating and smoking are at your comfort.
Your Queen of Hearts Piercer is: Angel - Brandy - Chris